Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Has reached puberty. Having one testicle bigger and harder than other. IS it cancer?

Feb 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2002
Answered : 3176 Questions
My 12 year old son is telling me one of his testicles is bigger and harder than the other. No pain though. He is worried about testicular cancer from reading about symptoms. He has gone through puberty recently and was wondering if this could be at all normal.
Posted Tue, 25 Jun 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 1 hour later

Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic.

During pubertal period, testes will enlarge because of hormonal effect.

And the size of both testes is not same even though they looks of same size.

Left testes is usually lower in comparison to the right one.

Testicular cancer is a very uncommon and rare condition in children so tell him not to worry about this condition.

Still if he is worry about his testes, reassurance from his pediatrician after physical examination will make him comfortable.

Therefore I advise you to take him to pediatrician for the physical examination and for reassurance.

Hope I have answered your query, if you have any clarification please let me know.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Pediatrician

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor