Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
172 Doctors are Online

Has rash on frontol torso section. What to do?

Feb 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2002
Answered : 3176 Questions
Hi.....My seven year old has a rash on his frontal torso section and a temperature of 99.5......thoughts ? Thank you....
Posted Thu, 13 Jun 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 1 hour later

Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic.

Fever with a rash on frontal torso section of your child is looking like a viral fever.

In viral exanthematous fevers, rash is associated with fever.

The main goal of treatment in viral fever is to treat fever with antipyretic like Tylenol, maintaining the hydration and nutrition of the child.

For fever you can give Tylenol in prescribed dosage every 6th or 8th hourly depending on the presence of fever.

Give plenty of oral fluids and soft diet to maintain hydration and nutrition of the child. Provide him rest.

Monitor his body temperature, activity, and hydration regularly.

But physical examination by the doctor is important to assess the child, to look for any focus of infection, and specific treatment.

Hence I advise you to consult the pediatrician for the examination and treatment of the child.

Hope I have answered your query, if you have any clarification please let me know.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Pediatrician

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor