Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

Has knee pain, takes medicine for BP and sugar is under normal range. Suggest?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 3632 Questions
My dad has a knee pain since last few months . His age is 80 but otherwise he is healthy. He takes medicine for BP. Sugar is under normal range.
What should be the course of action for this problem.

Posted Tue, 6 Aug 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 12 hours later

Thanks for your query.

Knee pains in his age are usually due to Osteoporosis.

Giving him Calcium supplements with Physiotherapy would be effective in reducing the pain.

For temporary relief he can take pain killers like diclofenac or aceclofenac.

If the above remedies fail, then Intraarticular steroids would surely help him.

Hope, I answered your query.

Wish you good health.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor