Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
191 Doctors are Online

Has irritation in eye on white area which was bulging after rubbing. What can be done?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 140 Questions
My wife has irritation in her left eye on the white area , yesterday she was rubbing her eyes and we noticed that the white area in the eye was bulging a bit . Can you advice what has to be done. is this an infection or just some due to dust . She has white substance that we get in the morning when we wake up in the left eyes which we are not able to remove even with water.
Posted Tue, 3 Sep 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Ajay Shankar Kar 21 hours later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:

From your history it looks, your wife is suffering from conjunctivitis.The white area of your eyes has congestion and chemosis along with whitish discharge in the morning. Use some antibiotic drops 4 times a day along with some tear substitute 4 times a day. Try to clean the discharge of the eye. Use separate towels, soaps and handkerchief as if it is a viral conjunctivitis it may spread to other family members. If the signs and symptoms do not subside in 5 days show to your nearest ophthalmologist.

Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Ophthalmologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor