Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
150 Doctors are Online

Has irritation in eye on white area which seems to be bulging after rubbing. How to cure it?

User rating for this question
Answered by

Practicing since : 2000
Answered : 101 Questions
My wife has irritation in her left eye on the white area , yesterday she was rubbing her eyes and we noticed that the white area in the eye was bulging a bit . Can you advice what has to be done. is this an infection or just some due to dust . She has white substance that we get in the morning when we wake up in the left eyes which we are not able to remove even with water.
Posted Sun, 1 Sep 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Mihir Shah 20 hours later
Brief Answer:
It is infection.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Ratheesh,

From your description it looks like conjunctivitis(infection). Ask her to wash her eyes frequently with water. She can also start applying Moxifloxacin (Milflox) eye drops 4 times per day in the affected eye. If it gets worse please consult a nearby eye doctor.

Best regards,
Dr.Mihir Shah
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Ophthalmologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor