Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
123 Doctors are Online

Has gonorrhoeal infection and received a shot of Rocephin. Irregular spotting of blood and taking Ciprofloxin. Is there any other treatment?

Jul 2016
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1971
Answered : 9576 Questions
My significant other has a gonorrheal infection. She received a shot of Rocephin on 10/16 followed by five days of zithromycin. Most symptoms resolved.She felt like one of her bartholin glands was sore and swollen but even now that has resolved. The last couple days she did have an irregular spotting of blood. She was retested with a urine test last week and again tested positive. Her doctor gave her one Ciprofloxin pill 500 mg today. Is there any other treatment that needs to be taken at this time?
Posted Mon, 18 Nov 2013 in Infections
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 53 minutes later
Brief Answer:
She has still residual infection .

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that your friend had gonococcal infection which got resolved with antibiotics.She had infection of Bartholene Gland too and now her routine urine test revealed presence of infection.

Infection of Bartholene gland always takes long time to get cured.

Please get urine culture done to find out the organisms causing this infection and antibiotics to which they are sensitive that infection can be controlled with appropriate antibiotic.

In the mean while continue taking Ciprofloxacin and switch on to appropriate antibiotic on getting culture report.

Ensure she cleans her genitals with warm water twice daily.

Avoid sexual intercourse till she is free from this episode of infection.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask me I shall be happy to help you .
Thanks and Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor