Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Has fibrosis on liver. Suggest to remove fibrosis?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2000
Answered : 1524 Questions
Daughter has fibrosis found on liver and we are seeking doctors who specialize in diagnosing and treating liver problems, especially the treatment or surgically removing the fibrosis.
Posted Wed, 18 Sep 2013 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Amit Jain 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
She requires evaluation

Detailed Answer:
Fibrosis on liver? I think you mean to say fibrosis of liver. Fibrosis of liver is irreversible.

You haven't mentioned by which test you came to know that there is liver fibrosis
Hello! Thanks for putting your query in XXXXXXX I am a Gastroenterologist and Hepatologist (DM).

For management you have to proceed as follows:
1. To what extent liver is fibrosed: for which your daughter should get liver function tests in blood like bilirubin, SGOT/SGPT, albumin, prothrombin time. Ultrasound abdomen, fibroscan, endoscopy examination to see for portal hypertension

2. Find out the cause of fibrosis: blood tests like hepatitis B (HBsAg), Hepatitis C (Anti HCV antibody), XXXXXXX disease (ceruloplasmin levels), autoimmune liver disease (ANA/ SMA/Anti LKM antibody)

Then accordingly she can be managed

I hope I have answered your query and this will help you. Remain in touch and get-well soon.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor