Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online

Has fell and hit the front of body. Huge bump appeared ad had lot of pain. What can be done ?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2007
Answered : 1201 Questions
My husband fell and hit the front of his XXXXXXX on our cement porch steps. A huge goose egg has appeared at this site and he is in a lot if pain. I bandaged it and out an I've pack on it. Should we do anything else?
Posted Sun, 4 Aug 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Jorge Brenes-Salazar 2 hours later
Dear patient

For the time being, that should be Ok to stabilize things, but given the degree of trauma a tibia or fibular fracture should be ruled out by x rays. If no fracture and only a soft tissue hematoma (the goose egg) then conservative treatment with ice, rest and antiinflammatories should suffice

yours truly

Dr Brenes Salazar
Mayo Clinic MN
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor