Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
160 Doctors are Online

Has cylindrical power of -3 in left and -4 in right eye. Will the power reduce completely? Method to correct the treatment?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1773 Questions
my daughter is just 3 years old and has cylindrical power of -3 in left eye and -4 in right eye.will her power ever reduce completely and is there any method to correct this impairment permanently.plz answer
Posted Tue, 6 Aug 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 2 hours later

Your daughter has a myopic cylindrical vision. Unfortunately this is high and permanent. She needs to use glasses to correct the vision till she attain 18 yrs of age. After 18 yrs if the power does not progress and remain unchanged she can undergo LASIK procedure to correct the power.

It is important to use the glasses regularly to avoid complications in the child. I know there is a lot of parental concern held here. There is a lot stigma about this. You need to counsel the child before she joins the school.

Let me know if I can address further concerns.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Ophthalmologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor