Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
172 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Has complete hysterectomy and salpingo-oopherectomy. Noticed small amounts of urine. And sometimes sheer dark brown colour. Guide?

Jul 2016
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1971
Answered : 9563 Questions
II am a 61y woman. About thirty years, I has a complete hysterectomy and salpingo-oopherectomy. Since then, on an irregular basis, I notice scant amounts of urine (clear) and at times, a sheer dark brown colour...not enough to saturate the "light" comfort pads I now wear. At one time, there was a dark, reddish-brown showing, but since I have begun taking high culture count probiotics, It is only a vague, or clear moistness on the pad. My Primary MD said he could surgically repair it, but I don't do unnecessary procedures. The pads, while uncomfortable, work fine. Is there a name for this condition? No female organs to press down on bladder, so ?
Posted Sat, 28 Sep 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
It could be stress incontinence of Urine(SIU)

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your query

Based on the facts that you have posted it is appears that you have what is called as Stress incontinence of urine where small amount of urine leaks on increased abdominal pressure due to weakness of Pelvic Floor Muscles and is common in females at this age.

I shall be happy if you post few more details to understand your problem and to make comments about it.
1) Do you leak small quantity of urine while sneezing or coughing.?
2)Do you have any prolapse of vaginal vault ?
3)What was the diagnosis of your primary MD and what surgery is suggested by him?

If it is mild SIU it can get corrected by doing pelvic floor strengthening exercises (Kegel Exercise.)

Please get your routine urine test done to rule out any UTI and take antibiotics if required.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask me I shall be happy to help you
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor