Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
193 Doctors are Online

Has bump on arm. Tried AB pill and AB ointment. What can be done?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2006
Answered : 2015 Questions
my daughter has bump on her right arm...
it is size of quarter ...

we tried AB pill and AB ointment from other doctor...but still it is not going away...
Posted Sun, 2 Jun 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 10 hours later
Thanks for writing to us.
I have gone through the attached image. Your child is having an abscess. It is basically a bacterial infection. To treat the same
I would advise that the child should take a better antibiotic like amoxyclav or a cephalosporin group antibiotic
Desonide is a steroid cream and has no role in treating an abscess. Instead I would advise that you do warm water compresses of the area thrice in a day and apply antibiotic cream like fusidic acid. Usually with hot compresses the lesion liquidify and drain pus leading to resolution of lesion. If the lesion does not resolve then incision and drainage can be done.
Hope that helped. Should there be any query, please write back.
Dr kalpana
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor