Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

Has adison`s disease. Taking medication. Help?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 14962 Questions
hi,my grandson has adison`s disease,he is moving from maine to XXXXXXX ma, how do we find a new doctor for him here? and what will he need to transfer here.
Posted Sun, 22 Sep 2013 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
there are different options

Detailed Answer:
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic

There are different options.

(1) You can ask his present doctor for a referral to another doctor who will be able to treat him.
His doctor should have contacts who would be able to point him in the right direction even if he or she does not know any doctors in the area personally.

His doctor should also provide a referral letter along with a copy or written report of blood tests and investigations done.
The referral letter would have in details of his condition, its course and medications he may or may not need.
This information should be provided even if he does not refer you to another doctor

(2) there are search engines that provide the names of specialist doctors in different areas.
If you put his address and zip code along with endocrinologist (doctors who specialise in this conditions) or general practitioner if you prefer into a google then a list of doctors in the area would come up.

You can contact one of the offices for additional information. Contact information comes up with the names provided

There are also specific web sites that look for doctors -, webMD physician directory,, WWW.WWWW.WW
I hope this helps, feel free to ask any additional questions
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Endocrinologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor