Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
151 Doctors are Online

Hardened skin on palms, tried moisturizers. Is there anything to worry about?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2007
Answered : 1337 Questions
I have hardened skin on both hands. Its basically on the palms with a small hardened areas also below the smallest finger. Even if i prick a pin, i dont feel pain in that hardened area. is there anything to worry abt..? I have tried moisturizers.
Posted Wed, 18 Apr 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Mohammed Tauseef 25 minutes later

Thank you for the Query.

I would like to know few more things which would help me in suggesting you better:

1.) Since how long do you have this Problem ?
2.) What Job do you do, is it more of a Desk Job ?
3.) Do you have similar complaints anywhere else on your Body ?

Your history is suggestive of have Localized Scleroderma. A proper focal examination by a dermatologist will be useful in confirming the diagnosis. You may need some blood test, Skin assessment and Tissue Biopsy which can be done in consultation with a dermatologist.

Most of the cases of Localized scleroderma resolve on their own without any treatment. If at all necessary, the treatment involves immune suppressing drugs; avoiding repeated irritation of the affected skin; some blood vessel dilating drugs and so on.

Apart from this, I suggest you the below lifestyle modifications.

1.) Eat healthy nutritious balanced diet which should include fresh fruits and XXXXXXX leafy vegetables.
2.) Exercise regularly, as this will improve your blood circulation.
3.) Drink plenty of water.
4.) Protect yourself from cold.
5.) Stick to your treatment plan and go for regular follow up.

Hope I have answered your Query, I will be available to answer your follow up Queries.

Wish you Good Health.

Dr. Mohammed Tauseef.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor