Hair loss problem. Is this related to vitamin deficiency?

Dr. Raju A.T

Posted on Mon, 18 Nov 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I am losing my hair slowly. its getting thinner and weaker. is this something related to vitamin deficiency? I could feel some scalp infection when I comb . how do I treat it.?
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Deficiency of protein

Detailed Answer:

Deficiency of protein can lead to dry, brittle and unhealthy hair.

Do take protein powders mixed with milk twice daily, ENSURE would be one amongst best protein powders.

Also apply Minxoidil 5% solution to the scalp to improve the blood circulation to the hair roots. this will improve the health and growth in the hairs.

Follow up: Dr. Raju A.T 8 hours later
Hi good day to you,

Would you please recommend me some good protein powders... and also please advice is there any side effects using Minxoidil 5%.
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 11 hours later
Brief Answer:
ENSURE

Detailed Answer:

ENSURE is one good protein powder brand.

While using Minoxidil some experience dandruff in initial days. This may not last long.