Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
148 Doctors are Online

Hair follicle bumps on the scrotum and penis. Wants laser treatment. Advise

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Practicing since : 1994
Answered : 10353 Questions
Hi, i have hair folicle bumbs on my scrotum an penis an i was wondering if i could laser them or how would i get rid of them all
Posted Sun, 15 Apr 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 5 hours later
Thanks for posting your query.
I have seen the pictures attached with the query.
The hair follicle bumps on your scrotum and penis are very fine and not very prominent. You can ask your dermatologist to remove these with the help of Laser treatment. The number of sittings required can be assessed only after a physical examination.
These bumps can definitely be reduced in number and size with the therapy if not completely removed.
I hope this answers your query effectively.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Wishing you good health.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Hair follicle bumps on the scrotum and penis. Wants laser treatment. Advise 16 hours later
What does prominent mean because i have some that are kinda big like its just building up inside but its rock hard an wont pop
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 37 minutes later
Thanks for writing again.

These are the hair follicles which do become prominent or enlarged in some individuals, meaning they become easily noticeable. Their enlargement does not indicate any pathology unless there is an infection. Infection is indicated by pain, redness and fever.

Their size can be decreased with the help of Laser therapy.

Hope my answer is helpful.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor