Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
174 Doctors are Online

Hair fall issue. Remedy and suggestion to use any wax or gel to keep long hair in shape?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1995
Answered : 4036 Questions
Hello Dr
My name is XXXXXXX and 25 years old, The last two years I have hair falling.
So please guide me, What to do? And mainwhile I want to use wax or gel because my hair is long and it needs something to shap to it. And I never tried nay product before.
Posted Fri, 15 Jun 2012 in Hair Loss
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 1 hour later
Thanks for posting your query.

I can appreciate your concern.

First of all it is better to proper idea about the problem, the reason for hair loss.

There could be various reasons for hair loss like

1. Local condition of scalp like some infection
2. Dandruff
3. Nutritional deficiency like iron 12 etc.
4. Stress
5. Genetic factors.

It is better that you visit a skin specialist in your city and take his opinion. After proper examination, he may advise some blood test to have some more idea.

In general,please try following which should help.

1. Take healthy diet-have more salads, fruits, milk and milk products
2. Protect your hair in sun
3. Do not comb vigorously
4. Use good quality shampoo and hair oil
5. Avoid stress if any.
6.Avoid using any form of gel on regular basis for styling.

I hope this helps.

Please write again if you have something more to ask.

In case you do not have further query, please accept the answer.


Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor