Hair fall, burning, hurting, itchy scalp with intermittent occurrence of pimples. Taking Griseofulvin. How to get relief?
Its been two months since my hair are falling and I have scalp burn and itch, over my scalp , I have few small pimples due to which my scalp burns and hurt. These pimples would sometimes disappear and then reappear.I am taking griesofluvin daily 350 mg. but not sure if the hair fall and the scalp hurt/pimples related. my hair are growing back normal. Also I have had a surgery in feb 2012 where I was given general anesthesia.
please help me suggest what the problem is with my head.
Welcome to XXXXXXX
THANKS FOR YOUR QUERY.
You may likely to have the problem of Dandruff or Seborrheic dermatitis of scalp which may be the reason for your hair fall and secondary infection which present as pimples. You should not scratch and use a clean a comb daily(wash it daily). You can use a shampoo contains Ketoconazole and Zinc pyrethrine which will help you to get rid of the problem. You have use the preparation at least twice in a week for 3-6 months. You wet your hair and apply the same, after 3-5 minutes wash you hair thoroughly. Also take a course of antibiotics for one or two weeks you will not get pimple like problem and itching and burning. In due course your hair fall also will become alright. If the hair fall persist investigate whether you are anemic. Iron, aminoacids, and vitamins like Biotin, Minerals like Copper, zinc will help you from hair fall.
Griseofulvin should not cause these but may improve the symptoms.
Get well soon
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- How to prevent hair fall despite taking medicine
- How to get rid of hair fall and oily scalp
- How to cure itchy scalp and hair fall problem
- Hair fall taking more and keraglo but no relief help
- How to treat hair fall and dandruff with itchy sensation
- Pimples on scalp and hair falling out
- How to prevent hair fall
- Scalp hurts hair falling out
- Hair falling out fast itchy scalp
- Severe hair fall how to get relief
- Itching on penis and sides of it. What medication is recommended?
- Red rashes appeared on penis head. Tested negative for STD. On...
- Red burning scrotum. Taking Gabapin with no relief. Need immediate cure
- Hair fall, burning, hurting, itchy scalp with intermittent occurrence of...
- Itching sensation around vaginal area, used wipes. Butt is itching,...
- Dark spot on organ, rashes, itchy at night, may be syphilis
- Stomach rash, itchy, not taking medication, no change in diet. Any...
- Small rounds in skin below neck, sometimes itchy. What medication should...
- Diagnosed with molluscum contagiosum in pubic region, cryotherapy done....
- How soon am I contagious after having contact with herpes? How long...