Hair fall . Getting bald head.. Please suggest what are

Dr. Remy Koshy

Posted on Fri, 18 Jan 2019 in Internal Doctor Category
Question: Hair fall. Getting bald head.. Please suggest what are the steps need to take care of getting out it.
have vitamin B12,D deficiency
Thyroid TSH is more
Answered by Dr. Remy Koshy 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
Upload the reports

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome to Ask A Doctor,

Before I can guide you any further, I would like you to upload the clear images of the blood report showing Vitamin B12 and Vitamin D deficiency. Also the thyroid profile to be included as well. Kindly also mention the medication that you have been taking from last 2 weeks.

Awaiting your response,

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy
Follow up: Dr. Remy Koshy 45 minutes later
Doctor I don't find attachment option here.. how do I need to send the reports, which you are requested ??
Answered by Dr. Remy Koshy 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Explained below

Detailed Answer:
Hello again,
Thanks for writing back,

You can upload the reports using the upload button on the right hand side of your dashboard. If not possible, you can send your reports to YYYY@YYYY with attention to Dr. Remy. Please revert back once you have send me your reports.

Follow up: Dr. Remy Koshy 8 hours later
hello mam, I have sent the documents to the mentioned email. because I don't find attachment icon in dashboard or anywhere of the app
Answered by Dr. Remy Koshy 18 hours later
Brief Answer:
Explained below

Detailed Answer:
Hello again,
Thanks for writing back,

Sorry for the delay in replying back,

I have received the attached reports, and have gone through them. You seem to have severe deficiency of Vitamin D and also of Vitamin B12, which is relatively low. Also your thyroid levels are deranged. I would suggest you to do the following:

- You are requested to start on thyroxine tablets. But before that, you need to check Free T3, Free T4 levels also. Proper treatment can be decided after that.

- As for Vitamin D you can take D-VION XXXXXXX one XXXXXXX once weekly for 4 weeks. You need to repeat your vitamin D levels after 1 month. Also consume more of foods rich in Vitamin D like egg yolk, milk products, fish, cod liver oil etc.

- You can have any OTC vitamin B12 capsules, to be taken for 2-3 months.

- As for hair fall, deranged thyroid levels can cause hair fall. This should resolve once your thyroid levels come back to normal. Meanwhile, you can apply MINOXIDIL 5%, twice daily. This should help in reducing your hair fall in the meanwhile.

I hope this helps,

Please feel free to discuss further,

regards

Follow up: Dr. Remy Koshy 27 minutes later
Thanks Doctor for your response
Answered by Dr. Remy Koshy 36 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Welcome

Detailed Answer:
Hi again,

Thanks for writing back,

Please feel free to write back for any further queries, I would be glad to help you at all times.

Wishing you good health,

regards