Had vertebral artery dissection and stroke. CT scan done. Should I be concerned about flying with narrow artery?
Thanks for writing in.
There are clear recommendations regarding air tavel and stroke. Its prohibits air travel in the immediate 4 - 6 weeks of the onset of stroke. Once stable air tavel is not a problem. Since, your friend had stroke quite some time ago, its not a concern at all.
Ther is no changes in the arterial perssures during the air tavel. Hence if his blood pressure remains stable, there is no cause of concern. Occlusion of vertebral artery of 95% wont cause any problem for his air travel.
So please be reassured and plan ahead.
Hope this clarifies your concern.
Do get back if you need any further information.
Well there can be a problem if the blood pressure goes low. Because if the BP is goes below 80 - 90 systolic, it can reduce the blood supply to thatside of the brain. Normal increases inblood pressure will not cause any problemsw.r.t thevertebral artery blockage.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Left vertebral artery dissection pregnant
- Symptoms of vertebral artery dissection
- Treatment and cure for vertebral artery dissection
- Heavy lifting after vertebral artery dissection
- Emergency room medicine and vertebral artery dissection
- Weight lifting and vertebral artery dissection
- Vertebral artery dissection causes
- Vertebral artery dissection shortness of breath
- Diagnosis of vertebral artery dissection
- Vertebral artery dissection pregnancy
- Should i take immediate action for arrythmia of 10beats/min?
- Vulvar vitiligo, pruritis, UTI, flaky nails, hair thinning. AIDS symptoms ?
- Can my seven year old son take tdap vaccination after taking toxoid...
- Delayed periods, headaches, stomach cramps, swollen breasts, leg cramps....
- How is Complex Regional Pain Syndrome treated ?
- How is cervical cancer treated ?
- Swelling in lower abdomin, total hysterectomy, above scar. This is?
- What is the dosage of meprate and provera ?
- Vasectomy, testicles pain, vas deferens was hardened, pain in lower abdomen
- Is excessive sweating caused due to diabetes?