Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
189 Doctors are Online

Had urine test. Are reports in normal range?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 674 Questions
Hi, my 17 year old daughter's urine routine shows WBC 2-3/HPF - what does this indicate and can you suggest a medicine.
Posted Fri, 13 Dec 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Yogesh D 6 minutes later
Brief Answer: Absolutely normal, no need for medicines. Detailed Answer: Dear Mrs. XXXXXXX Thanks for writing to us. Your daughter's urine report is normal, 2-3 WBCs/HPF is quite normal, and there is nothing to be worried about. There is no necessity for any type of medicines. Please write back if you need any clarifications. Regards,
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Had urine test. Are reports in normal range? 2 minutes later
Thank you Doctor, she has a sense of irritation and itching - should I use some ointment for relief - please suggest.
Answered by Dr. Yogesh D 9 minutes later
Brief Answer: Drink more water. Detailed Answer: Welcome back, Thanks for writing back, Ask your daughter to drink more water, at least 2 liters in a day. Itching may be due to some vaginal infection and not related to urine infection, so getting her examined by a gynecologist will be advisable. She should also avoid wearing wet undergarments and should change the sanitary napkins frequently to avoid infection during periods. It would help me to understand the cause better if you can tell me if she has any white discharge from the vagina, or any boils or rashes around the genitalia. I wouldn't advice any cream or ointment without ruling out any infection, so please get your daughter examined by a gynecologist and if he/she suggests a vaginal swab culture and sensitivity, that would be ideal to rule out any infection. You may revert back to me with the additional details so that I can guide you better. Warm regards,
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Pediatrician

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor