Had unprotected sex, notice white color at the tip of penis, bumps on hands, eyes, foot and fingers. HIV?

Posted on Sat, 21 Sep 2013 in HIV and AIDS
Question: i have a query regarding HIV
I had sex with 3 - 4 call girls recently. Recently at the tip of my penis where the skin covers i can see some white color. and on hands, eyes, foot fingures seeing some small bumps. am i infected with aids?
also seeing as white on tongue even after cleaning...
and feeling kind of itching
Answered by Dr. Roopa Hiremath 45 minutes later
Brief Answer:
HUMAN IMMUNODEFICIENCY VIRUS CAUSES AIDS

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX
Welcome to XXXXXXX
Your query mentions that you have had sexual intercourse with multiple partners. But you have not mentioned about any precautions you have used, so I am assuming that you have not used any condoms.
Your symptoms are definitely suggesting a sexually transmitted infection, as such infections are usually associated with itching, and discharge in the genital area.
I suggest you undergo a screening at a STD clinic near by you as soon as possible.
Regarding AIDS, AIDS is Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome caused by a virus called as Human Immunodeficiency Virus or HIV.
It is a sexually transmitted infection and is usually asymptomatic in the beginning.
The best way to detect HIV is undergo a blood examination.
The STD clinic will guide you regarding this. They will counsel you about all the details of the test they are doing and when you have to return for follow up and so on.
I would also like to stress upon safe sexual habits as you seem to have active sexual life. Usage of condoms is a must if the partner's history is not known. The STD clinic will also help you regarding this.
I advise you to take action as soon as possible to relieve your anxiety also as there is no cure for AIDS still!!!!
I hope I have satisfactorily answered your queries. Please get back if any more doubts.
IT IS BETTER TO BE SAFE THAN CURE!!!!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Mohammed Kappan
Follow up: Dr. Roopa Hiremath 3 hours later
if they can find it out, by medicines can i have normal life ahead?
and the it was with a protection
Answered by Dr. Roopa Hiremath 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
ANTIRETROVIRAL THERAPY

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX

I am happy to find out that protection was used.But we can not be sure if any breach has occurred in the condom or not during the intercourse. But condoms definitely reduces the transmission of the infection.

Regarding the therapy for AIDS, it is called as Antiretroviral therapy (ART). The STD clinic and the doctor present there will tell you details regarding the different types of drugs available and how to take them.

AIDS as I mentioned is Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome. The HIV gets into the defense system of the body and reduces immunity making the patient prone to infections which usually cause the symptoms.

The WHO (World Health Organization) has defined some criteria to say that this is AIDS. The patient with AIDS has these symptoms:

1.Weight loss more than 10% of body weight.
2. Repeated episodes of diarrhea (loose motions)/day and for more than a month
3. Fever on and off for more than a month.

They can also suffer from cough, skin rashes and severe oral ulcers.

AIDS has many stages, but that I will explain later.

Your query regarding ART:

Antiretroviral therapy will definitely reduce the symptoms and increase the life span of the patient.
You can live a fruitful life if certain precautions are taken and regular follow up with doctors is done.
There are many ART centers which keep a track of AIDS patients and help them to lead a meaningful life.
There are many AID groups also where patients can XXXXXXX other AIDS patients and share their experiences.

I hope I have satisfied your query. Please feel free to get back if any more doubts.
Thanks
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E
Follow up: Dr. Roopa Hiremath 2 days later
How it will help in testing and knowing in the early stage itself? Which is the best place and accurate test available in Koramangala/Bangalaore? Any other curable STDs can make the similar symptoms? Can i have normal life after identifying it?
Answered by Dr. Roopa Hiremath 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
EARLY DETECTION, EARLY TREATMENT

Detailed Answer:
HI XXXXXXX
Welcome back to XXXXXXX
Detecting HIV in early stages can be done by PCR test for p24 antigen. PCR is polymerase chain reaction test which will detect the virus RNA particles. This test can be done to detect HIV within 1 week to 10 days of exposure.
The best place for you to go would be NIMHANS, Bangalore which has a very good AIDS Research centre. The other place you could go is St.Johns Hospital which also has a very good STD clinic.The counselors there will guide you about all the tests that can be done and will also guide you about treatment.
The other sexually transmitted diseases which have symptoms similar to yours include: Gonorrhea, Syphilis, Chancre, Chlamydia infection, Mycoplasma infection, Yeast infection.
The counselors at the STD clinic will guide you regarding this.
Thanks.
Dr. Roopa Hiremath

Infectious Diseases Specialist