Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
190 Doctors are Online

Had unprotected sex, missed periods. Suggest pills to start periods or abort if pregnant

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1978
Answered : 6714 Questions
My wife has missed her menses time, it been 10 days from her cycle date. we had sex thrice this month i.e unsafe sex, we already have 2 kids but we are not looking for any more kids.
can u please suggest the pills required to get her menses back or a abortion pills if she is pregnant.
Posted Thu, 13 Sep 2012 in Abortion and Stillbirth
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 25 minutes later
Thanks for the query.
First get the pregnancy confirmed by the urine pregnancy test and once confirmed you can use abortion pill for the abortion.
This abortion pill comes by the name of MTP kit.
This MTP kit cones in a pack.

Each pack contains 5 tablets - 
1 tablet of Mifepristone…200 mg 
4 tablets of Misoprostol, each containing Misoprostol…200 mcg

MTP Kit is indicated for the medical termination of intrauterine pregnancy up to 63 days of gestation. 
The dosage is mifepristone 200 mg orally followed 48 hours later by misoprostol 800 mcg (4 tablets of 200 mcg) vaginally or orally.
Bleeding occurs 4 hours later and may continue for some time.
The patient should return for a follow-up visit approximately 14 days after the administration of mifepristone. This visit is very important to confirm by clinical examination or ultrasonographic scan that a complete termination of pregnancy has occurred.
In case of failure of complete termination of pregnancy by MTP kit,surgical abortion is done.

Since use of MTP kit of your own can cause problem,you should consult a gynecologist and get the termination of pregnancy done under her supervision.

I hope to have answered your query however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor