Owl Image

Had unprotected sex just after periods. What are the chances of getting pregnant?

Infertility Specialist
Question
I would like to know if i had an unprotected sex just after my periods got over i.e. my periods started on 25 december and got over on 28 or 29 december and i had the sex on 30 december....are there any chances of getting concieved/getting pregnent...if yes please advice necessary actions to terminate it
Sat, 19 Jan 2013 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 2 hours later
Hi, thanks for your query. I read your query and I understand your concerns. I would like to reassure that you are on the safe side and you won't get pregnant. Ovulation occurs around the 14th day of cycle in regularly menstruating women. You had sex on the 6th day of your cycle which is very early and safe period. Hence be relaxed.

I hope I answered your query. Let me know if you have more concerns.

Regards, Dr. Mahesh Koregol. IVF and infertility specialist.