Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
198 Doctors are Online

Had unprotected sex after periods. Missing periods. Am I pregnant? Should I take MITEGEST 200mg?

May 2013
User rating for this question
Answered by
Practicing since : 2006
Answered : 4909 Questions
Dear Sir, the last period of my menstruation is 29 may 2012 to 2 XXXXXXX 2012. Being clean on 5 XXXXXXX I had unprotected sexual intercourse with my boy friend for the first time. But he could not penetrate XXXXXXX due to my pain and bleeding. So he ejaculated completely outside the vagina. But this month I have missed my period and till date I am not feeling any tendency of menstruation. My menstruation was always regular and in time. It is happening for the first time. I am suspecting pregnancy. I have decided to consume MITEGEST 200mg tablet. Kindly suggest me the needful.
Posted Thu, 19 Jul 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 51 minutes later
Thanks for the query.

the possible causes of your delayed periods are,

-according to your cycle you had intercourse on 8th of your periods, though the chance is low but ovulation can occur sometimes during this period,
-though your boyfriend ejaculated outside the vagina, sometimes preejaculate fluid can contain some spermatozoa,
so there is chance for pregnancy,

-stress and strain, changes in dietary habits, change in weight etc factors,
poly cystic ovary disease, thyroid disorder like conditions,
can cause hormonal changes leading to abnormal menstrual cycles.

now what can you do is,
consult gynecologist undergo urine or blood test for pregnancy,

-if positive, undergo ultrasound to rule out ectopic pregnancy then with your doctor's advice take tablets for abortion,
taking tablets without doctor's advice is XXXXXXX

-if negative, with your doctor's advice undergo ultrasound and hormonal assay for estrogen, progesterone, LH, FSH, prolactin, thyroid hormone levels etc to find out the cause for delayed periods and take treatment for that.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.
Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor