Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
138 Doctors are Online

Had unprotected sex. Worried about HIV infectio

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 6181 Questions
hi Doctor, I'm really scared that I just had unprotected oral sex from a prostitute in Indonesia. Well, she seems to be clean and cautious. But I really scared that I could contract STDs from this activity. This is my first time ever I done this, I'm worrying about the percentage of me contracting any viruses by doing this only one time. I also really scared of getting tested because of the possible unwanted results and also chances that parents would discover I done the test. Thank you very much.
Posted Thu, 12 Dec 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 2 hours later
Brief Answer: very low chances, parents can't access your record Detailed Answer: Hi and thank you so much for this query. The chances of contracting an infection are real from every unprotected intercourse. However, they are very limited with oral sex especially if you didn't have any wounds on your penis. Please, always try to use a protection so as not to find yourself in a similar very distressing situation like this next time. Getting tested is good but prevention is ideal. at 21years, your health information cannot be shared with your parents without a written permission from you. There is actually no need to panic about this. If you don't authorise them to see these tests and results, they will not be granted access to it. Just be calm. Please, always consider to use protection during sex and even more so with people you don' know their health records. Thank you so much for using our services and feel free to ask for clarifications if need be. I wish you well. Dr. Ditah, MD
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Sexual Diseases

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor