Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
179 Doctors are Online

Had unprotected sex. Why was urination painful? Doxycycline helped. But why is there still tingling sensation?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 12754 Questions
Two weeks ago I had unprotected sex. The next morning when I urinated it was very painful inside the end of my penis. Really very excruciating and only about 16 hours after sex. As I was traveling and could not see my doctor I checked online and started taking a course of Doxycycline 100mg 2 tablets a day for 7 days. This seemed to help, but I still have tingling now around my foreskin all of the time. It is not the level of paid I had before. My foreskin is also inflamed/swollen, tender to pull back and I had the odd throb in my pelvic area/testicles. Any suggestions you have of what I likely have caught would be very helpful, and what remedy to cure it please.
Posted Wed, 13 Jun 2012 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 4 hours later
Thanks for posting your query.
From your symptoms it seems that you have an infection in your genitalia. It could be due to-
1) Infections of the prostate, bladder, or seminal vesicles and interstitial cystitis
2) Gonorrheal infections
3) Urethritis or prostatitis
You need a comprehensive profile of investigations including semen examination, culture, urine culture and examination, STD panel for gonorrhea, swab samples and a cystoscopy if needed to rule out any urethritis.
First you need to see a doctor,get a swab test to confirm the diagnosis.
You will have to take a course of antibiotics.
Refrain from sex until your infection is resolved.
You need to observe good hygiene.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Sexual Diseases

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor