Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
191 Doctors are Online

Had unprotected sex. Noticed spotting and pelvic discomfort. What are the risks?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1995
Answered : 4036 Questions
Hi. About two weeks ago i had unprotected sex after not having any for over a year. It was slightly uncomfortable, he did not fully insert in me and he did not ejaculate. Well, last night I had unprotected vaginal sex again and this time it was slightly more uncomfortable. He did not ejaculate either as I told him it was hurting. I know I was not properly lubed and towards the end he was getting really rough. Afterwards I noticed when I went to the bathroom I bled a little. The bleeding stopped right away (it was more spotty and very light) and now I'm a little sore in the area and a little pelvic discomfort. My question is, could the bleeding and discomfort be as a result of not having full vaginal sex in so long or something more serious?
Posted Mon, 13 Aug 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 45 minutes later

Thanks for posting your query. I can appreciate your concern.

Any time sex while you are not fully aroused leads to dryness and difficult sex. As you also know lubrication is needed to have good sex and avoid discomfort. Because of dryness, you may have some friction which has lead to some soreness and friction in vagina, may be this is the reason for bleeding also.

Not having sex for one year I think has nothing to do with your complains. May be you are mentally not prepared for it.

Still I think there is no reason to worry. Some soreness and discomfort in private parts is common and anticipated after such act.

Please do not worry, continue you’re routine. Next time ask him to use a condom or use a good lubricant.

If this bleeding occurs on couple of more occasions then you need to seek medical attention to look for the cause and in that case please do not ignore. Your doctor will do local examination to ascertain the cause. In general genital infections are the commonest cause of bleeding.

In mean time to avoid discomfort:

>Avoid tight fitting clothes
>Take analgesic that you are comfortable with

I hope this helps.

Wishing you great health.


Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor