Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
171 Doctors are Online

Had unprotected sex. Feeling tired, bloated and abdominal pain. HPT negative. What to do?

May 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2006
Answered : 5137 Questions
Hi, Me and my bf had unprotected sex for 8 months now. I have no pregnancy symptoms yet but he insists that i am pregnant. My period is two weeks late today(exactly 14 days), but this happend before,im verry tired and have been sleeping for almost two days straight. I have an irretating feeling in my lower right abdomen. I feel bloated and he keeps forcing me to eat. Im scared that its nothing and he keeps his hopes up. I had 3 negative tests, is it too early to tell?
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 1 hour later
Thanks for the query.

If you had unprotected intercourse around the time of ovulation then there is possibility for pregnancy.
Though the symptoms you mentioned can be seen in early pregnancy, we cannot confirm the pregnancy just because of these symptoms as these can also be seen in conditions like premenstrual syndrome etc.
Urine pregnancy test kits may not detect early pregnancy sometimes. But as your period is already 14 days delayed, by this time urine pregnancy test kit should detect pregnancy if present.
Anyhow you better go for blood test for pregnancy which will give more accurate result than urine test and will clarify the doubt.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.
Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor