Had unprotected sex. Feeling sore and uncomfortable in vagina. What are the chances of STD?

Dr. Sudarshan

Dermatologist

Posted on Thu, 13 Dec 2012 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Question: Good evening! Ok here's the situation...quite silly...but I did it. I used XXXXXXX on my genital area which did irritate it a bit, but not to the point that I didn't stop having sex. In fact, I had unprotected sex Wednesday evening...the very day I'd used the XXXXXXX Afterward, I was sore and a bit uncomfortable. I would say that the sex was rough. Today, everything was extremely swollen and itchy, including my labia minora which has bumps on it now. My vagina has been very sore and my clitoris and labia minora hurt when I walk and rub against my pants. To gain some sort of relief, today I bought Miconazole and inserted the round tablet into my vagina. I put external itch and irritation cream on the outside of my vulva, the surrounding areas of the vaginal opening, and inside my labia majora and now? It's itching like hell and still swollen. Is this more than likely an STD or a simple infection that can be treated? I must admit that I've used XXXXXXX below the belt before and the same thing happened but the symptoms weren't as bad. One side of my labia minora was swollen then and there were a couple of small bumps on the labia minora but I tested negative to all STD/STI's. You would think I would've learned my lesson but I've definitely learned it now. This is horrible! EVERYTHING is itching like crazy...even the inside of my vagina. I know I must go in to see a doctor but can you please offer me some advice in the meantime? I'm not using XXXXXXX in my genital area again and I'm not having unprotected sex again...period. Thank you.
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 3 hours later
Hi ,
Thanks for writing in.
The condition you are experience is irritant dermatitis. It has occuered due to XXXXXXX
You can apply hydrocortisone cream one percent over the affected area.Also you can take tab zyrtec two times a day for itching.
Also do not apply any soap or other home remedy over it.
You can use cold water soaks on affected area.
Also avoid XXXXXXX application in future.
Hope this helps.
It does not appear to be std or sti.
I will be available for follow up.

Dr XXXXXXX dermatologist
MD dermatology