Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
147 Doctors are Online

Had unprotected sex. Feeling dizzy and headache. Should I be worried about HIV?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Practicing since : 1994
Answered : 10412 Questions
Hi doctor, i had sex with prostitute and that time i penetrate my penis in her vagina just one pump and i took it out. After that i used condom. That was my very first sex unprotected sex. But after that i didnt feel anything. I' m fine. Then asked that girl and that girl said she gets routine checkups and she is fine. After 6 months i had sex with the same girl and that time i just touched her vagina lips with my naked penis( no penetration at all) after that for atleast more than week i felt very little dizziness and sometimes headache. But now i m fine. But still worried about HIV.
Please help
Posted Thu, 19 Jul 2012 in HIV and AIDS
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 hours later
Thanks for posting your query.
Based on your descriptions, there is a minimal chance of spread of infection. The symptoms you had also are not suggestive of infection.
This can be categorized as minor exposure. But you should be careful in future with such encounters. Remember in future that after any type of high risk contact, clean the affected site with soap water and if there is major contact then post exposure prophylaxis should be started within 6 hours of exposure (you can visit an ART center/ your doctor for the prophylaxis).

As a precautionary measure after 3 months you can get yourself tested for HIV.

I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an HIV AIDS Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor