Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

Had unprotected oral sex with a sex worker. Itching around the scrotum. What should I do?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 2000
Answered : 1417 Questions
I had unprotected oral sex with a sex worker about 48 hours ago. She slipped about a tablespoon of saliva on my penis and thereafter we had it covered with a condom where she gave me a blow job. Condom did not rupture and it lasted for 2-3 minutes. She did lick my scrotum. There was no apparent blood in her saliva or sores in her mouth that i noticed. I also did not have any sores/ cuts on penis or balls.
I have been extremely anxious since then, guilt ridden. Around the scrotum it is itching (i can feel a sensation), and i am very concerned. No apparent changes yet on penis or scrotum. What can be done? I am in Singapore and do not want to go to the doctor as it has implications. Please advise.
Posted Sun, 7 Apr 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 49 minutes later

In view of details, I would suggest not to worry at all.In such cases generally the fear is of HIV/AIDS.But considering details of event you are at extremely minimal to negligible risk of any STD, particularly HIV.

Itching sensation is also not a feature of HIV.It might be just because of handling or fungal infection.So I guess you just need to relax.

Hope this helps.Please ask if there are doubts.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Had unprotected oral sex with a sex worker. Itching around the scrotum. What should I do? 4 hours later
Dear doc,

Thank u for allaying my fears. But can I take some precautions like external cream or antiseptic washes and also some basic anti allergy or antibiotic to build more immunity just in case.

Pl advise.

Answered by Dr. Sudhir 10 hours later

There is absolutely no need to take any medications.And also these medication won't help in building immunity or provide additional protection.

Trying antiseptic wash is fine but not absolutely needed.Antihistaminics can help if there is significant itching.Please have look at skin for any discoloration , as with itching this can be a fungal infection which are quiet common cause of itching in this region.In that case antifungal creams can help.


Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Sexual Diseases

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor