Owl Image

Had unprotected intercourse and noticed bleeding after periods. Chances of pregnancy?

Question
Nearly 3 weeks ago I was bleeding for 4 days and my usual period is 7 days long but this time I ended up with a 4 day period which was bright red. This morning I woke up and light blood had come through n went brown later on in the day and has completely stopped why would this happen? Not to forget I had unprotected sex 3 weeks this friday but the following week I started bleeding would I be pregnant because I've not experienced this before

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 4 hours later
Having bleeding for 4 days is a normal period. The mild bleeding that you had after three weeks might be due to a left over blood from the previous period, vaginal infection, hormonal imbalance causing an irregular bleeding. It is not suggestive of pregnancy.
You can wait for a week and see if you have a normal period on the expected date. In case the periods are delayed by more than 5 days then you need to test for pregnancy.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.