Had unprotected intercourse. Missing periods. What are the risks for pregnancy?

Dr. Rhea Chanda

OBGYN

Posted on Wed, 19 Dec 2012 in Pregnancy
Question: Sir, i m in a prob. my girlfriend's aspected period date was 26 Nov 12 and we had sex on 26, 27, 29 and 30 Nov 12 without any protection. now her periods didnt come till date. Wht we have to do?
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 48 minutes later
The dates you have mentioned on which you had intercourse was way out of the fertile phase.In that cycle,if she has missed a period,her fertile phase would have been 7-16th nov.If you had intercourse without protection during that time there may be a chance of pregnancy.In which case,you should first get a pregnancy test done as soon as possible.If you didnt have intercourse during that time,chances of pregnancy are very low. However,i suggest that you get a urine pregnancy test done anyways.Its easily available in the market by name of VELOCIT/PREGCOLOR.
If its negative,just wait for menses to start.If its positive you should see your doctor and get an ultrasound first and possible options will be explained to you.