Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
189 Doctors are Online

Had ulcer problem and prescribed ADIZA. How to overcome? How to increase weight?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2011
Answered : 589 Questions
I would like to know how to increase my body weight?
My height is 170cm & my weight is 50 kgs, age is 25
From last 5years there is no change in my body weight. when i attended for a complete body check up, doctor told that i have an ulcer problem and prescribed me these medicine "ADIZA" for 2 weeks. Please suggest me how to overcome this?
Posted Fri, 26 Jul 2013 in Weight
Answered by Dr. Guru 3 hours later

According to your height and weight, the BMI(body mass index) is 17.3 which means you are underweight. The most common causes for being underweight in your age group is stress, anxiety and improper eating habits. However, there are many other causes that need to be ruled out. A complete body check up sponsored by few labs may not include all the possible investigations that can exclude the cause of being underweight. Causes like Anemia, Hyperthyroidism, depression, malabsorption disorders, some chronic infections have to be excluded by doing relevant investigations based on the suspicion of probable cause by doing a physical examination

Coming to your ulcer problem, which is one of the rare but possible cause of you being underweight has already been treated by your doctor with appropriate drug like Adiza which contains Ilaprazole, a proton pump inhibitor helps in decreasing acid secretion and inturn in ulcer healing. Please do a follow up with your doctor whether it completely got resolved by undergoing an upper GI endoscopy.

Also, take protein XXXXXXX diet by following advice from a dietician.

Hope this helps!

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor