Had two miscarriages. Tested positive for rubella. Prescribed with rovamycine and ecosprin. Why ecosprin?
WAIT FOR 3 - 6 MONTHS, ROVAMYCIN NOT NEEDED
Thanks for writing to us with your health cocnern.
Low dose aspirin is recommended in women with previous recurrent pregnancy loss ( like yours ).
It is believed that low dose aspirin improves blood supply to the uterus and that miscarriages can be caused due to inadequate blood supply to the baby from the uterus.
However, I would advise you to start taking ecosprin, when you conceive next time, starting from the first date of detecting the pregnancy, there is no need to take it right now.
Regarding Rovamycin, firstly, a positive Ig G Rubella NEEDS NO TREATMENT !
Positive IgG indicates that you have already developed immunity against Rubella, treatment is required only for positive Ig M, which indicates recent infection.
To answer your question, avoid conception for atleast 3 - 6 months after your recent termination.
I do not see any need to take rovamycin in the first place.
Also before embarking on your next pregnancy, please ensure that the following workup has been done -
1. complete blood count, HIV, HBsAg, HCV , VDRL, urine routine and microscopic, baseline blood pressure, total XXXXXXX check up - per vaginum and per speculum
2. TSH, prolactin levels
3. Semen analysis of your partner
4. Chromosomal analysis of the products of conception obtained by the d and c.
5. karyotype of husband and wife
6. Testing for antiphospholipid antibodies - APA, ACA, LAC, aPTT, serum homocysteine
7. Testing for thrombotic tendencies - protein C, protein S, factor V leiden mutation etc.
8. Baseline pelvic ultrasound scan.
Make sure that both of you exercise regularly and eat well, and have an ideal BMI.
Also, take regular folic acid ( 5 mg. per day ) for 3 months, and then plan your next pregnancy.
All the best.
Please feel free to ask for further clarifications.
PLEASE GIVE A FEW DETAILS.
Was the Rubella Ig G test done before the vaccine was administered or after ?
Was it the same doctor who did all 3 - the tests, the vaccine and the rovamycin prescription ?
Please let me know so that I can guide you better.
NO HARM DONE, BUT POINTLESS.
I will explain to you something - Ig G means immunity against any infection.
It is NOT TO BE TREATED, it is something to be happy about, as it means you have already got necessary immunity against the disease.
Now, once you are already immune, giving you a vaccine is pointless !
Taking rovamycin for a disease you do not have , and will not have due to good immunity, is also pointless !
That said, the vaccine wont harm you.
Just avoid conceiving for 3 months after taking the Rubella Vaccine.
All the luck always, dear.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Why ecosprin 75 is giving after miscarriage
- Is rubella is responsible for miscarriage about cytomegalo
- Had miscarriages done torch test showed toxo rubella infertility
- Ecosprin to prevent miscarriage
- Ecosprin 75 and miscarriages
- Rubella igg test positive
- Chance of conceiving after miscarriage due to rubella igg positive
- Ecosprin after a miscarriage
- Rubella test positive means
- Had miscarriage rubella positive when to plan pregnancy