Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

179 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Had trichoscan for hair fall problem. What are the findings in the report?

Answered by
Dr. Sudarshan


Practicing since :2005

Answered : 1391 Questions

Posted on Mon, 25 Nov 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: sir, i have hair fall last 10 months in my front head. in this area hair density is very low compare then other side. only above the forehead .so had gone to V-Care in Chennai.they have tested my hair by Trichoscan. the result is analyzed area =1.81 cm2 hair count=334 hair density=184.9{1/cm2} anagen hairs=51.4% telogen hairs=48.6% vellus hair dens= 15.5{1/cm2} terminal hair dens=169.4{1/cm2} vellus hairs=28.0 [8.4%] terminal hairs=306.0[91.6]. i could not understand this report. what is happening for me???
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 23 hours later
Brief Answer: Male pattern baldness, prolong treatment required Detailed Answer: Hi XXXX, Thanks for writing in. Ive gone through your reports and history given. It indicates that you are having male pattern baldness. It is hormonal condition and slowly progressive. It requires prolong treatment in for stopping the progression and for increasing hair density. In my clinic patients presenting with such complaints I advise hormonal treatment like tab finasteride along with topical minoxidil lotion for application. Along with this treatment hair supplements containing multivitamin, multiminerals like biotin ,zinc,calcium etc. Results can be appreciated after 2-3 months of starting treatment. Hope this helps. A treatment from trichologist /dermatologist would be needed for complete and proper response. I would be available for follow up. Regards DrSudarshan MD Dermatologist/trichologist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E
Follow up: Dr. Sudarshan 4 hours later
thanks sir. But they told some treatment. Those are very costly like 25,000 rupees. Is that treatment is worthy? . Whether i will follow v-care treatment or will consult other. Please give your personal opinion. I take as personal. And can i get old hair via treatment? Is it possible?
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 42 hours later
Brief Answer: Effective treatment possible at lower costs Detailed Answer: Hi XXXX, Thanks for details. The Hair treatment can be costly but 25,000 is a bit too much. You can get effective treatment at lower costs.I suggest you to visit a qualified MD dermatologist or trichologist for proper treatment.Rather than taking treatment at institute a visit to a individual treating doctor would be better.Treatment can greatly improve your look,increase the hair density ,may convert your small vellus hair into long terminal hair. Hope this answers your query. I will be available for follow up. Regards. DrSudarshan
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Drug/Medication ,  

Recent questions on  Minoxidil

doctor1 MD

Hi i am 31 years old and from severe hairfall from more then 3 years, i have thyroid for that i am taking 62.5mcg thynorom tablet, so it is under control. I have consulted dr, she prescribed me minoxidil 2%, because of that my hair become so hard and dry so she changed it to grocapix gel and tricotan forte tablet, i am following this treatment from more than 2 months but still no effect, even no now my forehead is becoming broad and on top of the head baldness has started plz suggest me something very good, thnx priti

doctor1 MD

Hi iam 27 yrs old and i have only very sparse hair .it happened before 5 years wen i went to hostel due to salt water.but no improvement after i changed place also .i hav tried minoxidil for more than 6 months but no change .i badly want to improve my hair please tell a suggestion

doctor1 MD

Hello doctor, i am a student ,age 20 from pune.i am suffering from hair loss from 18 and have lost my lot of hairs from top portion of head.In the mean time i visited doctors who have recommended me to take calcirol plus and multivitamin tablets. also a lotion to apply on scalp everyday named-Hair4u 2% (minoxidil and aminexil topical solution)

doctor1 MD

I am 29 years old, I have been suffering from hair fall and only 10% of hair is left,
I have Iron value of 27.5 ug/dl in the latest blood test report. Will it lead to heavy hail fall?
No improvement even using minoxidil and prohair tablets. Please suggest me what to do.

doctor1 MD

Hello Doc, I am having small to medium bald patches on vertex to front elevated side of scalp and few towards back. This is there since pas 5 months, for sometime they dissapear and now i had close cut and they reappeared back, when closely...

doctor1 MD

Sir I am suffering hair fall & severe head loss at middle of head. I consulted skin specialist who prescribed minoxidil solution 2% ;finaster idea 1 mg. But due to mild elevation in SGPT he told to apply minoxidil. I am trying for next baby; is...

doctor1 MD

Hello Doc, I am writing this to my previous interaction with you sometime before. I contacted you with regards to the problem to my hair, I had bald patches all over my head and later you have given me an answer. your last answer "I have reviewed...