Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
125 Doctors are Online

Had swollen foot and small red rash. They hurt, burn and itch. help?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1969
Answered : 17665 Questions
about 2 months ago I got up one morning and my left foot was swollen extremely bad, there was a small red rash above my ankle by the end of the morning my foot and toes and clear up to my waist was swollen but my foot was so bad you could hardly tell what it was I thought they were going to burst this has been about 2 months and they hurt and burn and itch some so bad until I can no longer walk with out limping I have done nothing to them in any way to cause any damage to them although I do work as a cashier but I have for years and this has never ever happened to me before I have to work but it helps to wear my shoes but my legs are swollen to where they hook onto my body but from the ends of my toes to half way up to my knee it is red with fever and funny feeling rough places under my skin and my leg and foot looks really bad it is also blue like it is bruised and hurts severely if I touch any part of them it feels as tho the skin touching the bone on the inside of my leg has had a carpet burn or bad scrape . I do not have the money to go to the doctor if you could please help me I sure would appreciate it. thanks
Posted Thu, 17 Oct 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Possibility of Vascular blockage or diabetec foot.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for posting query.
From history it seems that there might be mainly two reasons to give rise this painful condition.
1. There is possibility of having varicose veins or deep vein thrombosis in your left leg giving rise to obstruction of vascular drainage resulting in swelling, infection, redness and pain.
2. Another possibility of having diabetic foot if you have diabetes.

I understand you do not wish to go to your doctor. But your symptoms concern me. I would definitely want to investigate further to isolate the case and treat it at the earliest. Test such as complete blood count, blood sugar and color doppler studies of lower limb is in order. Your general surgeon / vascular surgeon will know about this test.

I hope, I answered your query. If you have further query or clarification, please ask.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor