Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
175 Doctors are Online

Had surgery on shoulders, knees and two ruptured disks. Having chronic pain. Do I have fibromyalgia?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2006
Answered : 1583 Questions
I have work injurys, I was a custodian at a university. I have had surgerys on both my shoulders, on both knees, and two ruptured disks. I have chronic pain and I have gotten a foregetful mind, Do you think that I have fomeyalgia? If I do can these injurys may have caused it ?
Posted Sat, 9 Nov 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Basheer Ahamed 59 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Physical and emotional trauma may cause it.

Detailed Answer:

Welcome to XXXXXXX thanks for your query.

Post traumatic stress disorder is associated with Fibromyalgia.

So we can not rule out that fibromyalgia in your case may be due to physical and emotional stress.

There are other causes like genetics and infection also.

This may not be a definitive cause but it is a supportive evidence from your past history of extensive physical trauma.

There symptoms are dull aching pain, pain while putting muscles to acting.
If your symptoms are consistent with it then consult your doctor.

Hope the answer helps you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor