Had surgery for external hemorrhoid. Still in pain after bowel movement. How to treat this?

Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari

General Surgeon

Posted on Sun, 8 Dec 2013 in Men's Health
Question: hello. i did sergery hemoriod 6 months a go that' was external. but steel didn't recover i've steel pain after bowl movement the next 3-4 hours i feel discomfertable. i really warry the Dr who did serger i check every months but i didn't see any diffferent specially the last 3 monts. pz help me any advice. GOD BLESS YOU,. THANKS . FROM BEREKET
Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 1 hour later
Brief Answer: possibility of anal stenosis or fissure Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for your query. Pain following hemorrhoid surgery is due to excessive removal of rectal mucosa leading to Anal stenosis causing pain and difficulty in passing stools leading to constipation. I would suggest you to consume plenty of oral fluid atleast 2liter a day ,high fiber diet and local application of anesthetic like Xylocaine jelly before passing stools . Also would suggest you to see your treating Surgeon and discuss with him the possibility of either anal stenosis or fissure as cause of your symptoms. I hope it helped. In case you have any other query get back to me. Regards, Dr Deepak Kishore Consultant Surgeon
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T