Had small speck of blood in stool, although not visible. Stool test normal. Advise?
tomatoes can cause redness in stool in some person
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic
It can be alarming to see what looks like blood in stool, so it is understandable that you are concerned.
The fact that you just had a normal stool tests however makes it less likely to be blood.
Blood can be detected on stool analysis, it is one of the screening methods used to check for colon cancer- checking the stool for blood yearly by a good lab.
Tomato can cause a red appearance to the stool and since you just had a normal stool test, this is more than likely the cause especially since the stool result is from today.
Beets are another food that cause red colour to stool
I hope this helps, feel free to ask any additional questions
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Blood in stool test strips
- Done stool test and blood test is it okay
- What is the normal pus cells in stool test hpf
- Normal range of pus cells hpf stool test
- Ph stool test normal levels for infants
- Child has diarrhea normal stool test and blood test reason
- Low blood sugar in stool test
- Stool test results rbc
- Positive blood in stool test
- Blood in occult stool test