Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
178 Doctors are Online

Had sex and used condom. Doubt if vaginal fluid touched scrotum which has yeast infection. Worried about HIV?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2408 Questions
Hi i recently had sex with sex worker and used two condoms, i doubt her viginal fluid touched my scrotum which has yeast infection. Dont know if she has any STD's but i am worried about HIV. Please suggest.
Posted Wed, 7 Aug 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 22 minutes later
Hi Lavab,

I have read your query with diligence. There is a definite risk of contracting STDs including HIV when there is sexual exposure with a stranger or unknown person.

In your case, I would suggest you be screened for the STD panel. You could get the following tests done:

- Test for Herpes antigen and antibodies
- Urethral swab for gonorrhea and Chlamydia

I say you this - You have a choice to either take these tests or not.

She may have a STD and most of the STDs are asymptomatic. Therefore, you must take precautions before something goes wrong.

As you know, HIV is a dreaded disease. You may want to test only for this.

Lastly, always practice safe sex and take care not to spread any infection to others. Play it safe.

I hope this helps you. Take care!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Had sex and used condom. Doubt if vaginal fluid touched scrotum which has yeast infection. Worried about HIV? 57 minutes later
How much does the viginal fluid effective transferring virus through the yeast infected part?
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 3 minutes later

When there is pre-existing yeast infected part, the chances of viral transmission through vaginal fluids increases by almost 4 times.

I hope this is clear.


Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Sexual Diseases

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor