Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
197 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Had sex. Will partner contract yeast infection that I had?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Infertility Specialist
Practicing since : 2000
Answered : 3767 Questions
i had sex with my boyfriend while i had a yeast infection, didnt know i had one. will he get it?
Posted Thu, 12 Apr 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 2 hours later

Thanks for your query.

Fungal (yeast) infection is common among many women. Please get consultation from your gynecologist who will examine you and give you anti fungal vaginal suppositories.
this is transmiitted sexually sometimes. But there is no sure method to say if your boy friend has gt it. Majority of healthy men have immunity against fungal infection and it is not transmitted.
At present dont worry about it and please treat your self. Your boyfriend will be just fine.

Please come up with follow ups if any.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor