Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
187 Doctors are Online

Had sex. Ultrasound showing multiple follicles. Will I conceive?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Infertility Specialist
Practicing since : 2000
Answered : 3767 Questions
Hi I have been trying to conceive for 6 months but only have sex 1 or 2 a week. I am not conceiving could the problem be I am not having enough sex. Been to see a gynaecologist he is happy with mine and my husband fertility, just doing one last test on day 2/3 of my period to check my egg quality. I am 38 never been pregnant but never had regular sex for 10 years you could count on your fingers the number of times I have had sex and always been with the same partner. Ultrasound is normal and shows multiple small follicles. I am at the point of thinking I will never have a baby do you see I should be able to conceive? Many thanks for your help in the above matter, I am overweight at 17 stone
Posted Mon, 25 Nov 2013 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 17 minutes later
Brief Answer: SCAN Detailed Answer: Hi, Your age is also increasing and its about time you took fertility treatment. Though there are many follicles, the quality goes down as age advances. Hence I suggest you undergo regular follicular monitoring with infertility specialist. When you have dominant follicle, your doctor will advice which is the best time to have intercourse according to your egg growth. If you dont conceive in 3 months, go ahead with IUI or IVF procedure without wasting further time. Regards, Dr. Mahesh Koregol IVF & Infertility Specialist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Infertility Spclst

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor