Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
166 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Had septic infection on penis. Took doxy forte and zocef. No relief. Burning sensation after urination. Suggest the cure?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2010
Answered : 1115 Questions
Doctor I had sptic infection on penis i had taken doxy 1 forte twice a day and zocef 500 mg once a day and also i m cleaning the affected area with savlon and applying surfaz sn on that but i m getting any relief
i m also having very burning sensation after passing urine for 3 to 4 mins
Posted Sat, 2 Nov 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Manjeth Kumar G 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Do Culture and sensitivity from wound. Urinalaysis

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to XXXXXXX

Thanks for your query.
I have gone through your query and understand your concern.

I suspect you may have either urinary tract infection or kidney stones.
1. Currently you have infection in penis which may spread up and affect the urethra and urinary bladder.
This may lead to Burning sensation while urination.
2. You have history of kidney stone removal.
Recurrence of kidney stone is very common. Thus you may have burning sensation due to kidney stones.
3. Dehydration is the another very common cause of burning sensation in urine.
This is because of concentrated urine. As you have infection in penis, you may feel difficulty in passing urine and thus you may decrease your intake of water.

As far as infection is concerned, the antibiotic sensitivity of the organisms is essential to get cured early.
My advise id to
1. Do swab and culture from the wound in penis. Check for antibiotic sensitivity and specificity. then apply the proper antibiotics. Consult your treating physician regarding the possibility of fungal infection and viral infection
2. Drink plenty of water. If you still have burning sensation, do Urine analysis and Ultrasound abdomen and pelvis.

Hope this helps.
Please reply for further queries.
Wishing you good health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor