Had semen analysis. Is my report normal?

Dr. Arif N Khan

OBGYN

Posted on Tue, 26 Nov 2013 in Men's Health
Question: IS MY SEMEN ANALYSIS REPORT IS OK OR NOT????? my semen analysis report quantity: 3.0ml colour: milky viscosity: normal liquefaction time: 20 min reaction: alkaline sperm count: 32 million/ml actively motile: 70% sluggishly motile: 10% non motile/dead: 20% abnormal: nil pus cells: nil rbc: nil epithelial cells: nil sperm aggregation: absent we have trying for baby over 5 months & have no sucess . plz guide me
Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 38 minutes later
Brief Answer: your semen report is normal Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Thank you for choosing XXXXXXX Your semen analysis report is absolutely normal. For a successful pregnancy there should be normal coitus, knowledge about best fertility period: Kindly reply few questions so that I can guide you further: Do you have normal sexual life/ coitus? Do you have any medical or surgical problems or any previous history? Does your wife has normal menstrual period, does she have nay mensturual complaints like irregular periods, painful menstruation or painful coitus? Does she have any other medical or surgical history? Please ask if you have more questions. Waiting for your response Arif
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E
Follow up: Dr. Arif N Khan 18 minutes later
No sir i don't have any medical or surgical problem . My wife also not have any menstrual problem . Plz guide me what can i do for baby ???
Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 4 hours later
Brief Answer: No treatment required Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Thank you for writing back. After analyzing your history I feel what you presently need is proper timed intercourse. i.e sexual intercourse at peak time for fertility, that is between day 11 to day 18th of your wife's menstrual cycle. If you have sexual intercourse during this time there is high chances of conception. Presently I am not suggesting any investigations, as the married life is just 5 months, because almost 80%-90% of couples conceive during the initial 1 year period, hence I am just suggesting you and your wife to wait and not to take any stress, as STRESS is also a factor for decreased fecundity. If you are very keen, then one option is Ovulation induction using clomiphene citrate tablet. But, my suggestion is to wait for at least 1 year. Please ask if you have more questions. If you are satisfied, please make sure that your ACCEPT my answer so that I receive credit. Good luck!!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. Arif N Khan 29 minutes later
We are married over 1.25 year ago . Now what can we do ?????
Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 17 hours later
Brief Answer: Needs thorough evaluation Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX I apologize for the late response; I was away from my computer due to unavoidable reasons. Coming back to your question, as the married life is more than 1 year I suggest detailed evaluation of your wife, first clinical evaluation of your wife by an OBGy specialist and few basic investigations need to be done, like Scan pelvis to know uterine contour and ovarian volume, Blood investigations- FSH -follicular stimulating hormone level-to know the ovarian reserve, HSG-hysetrosalpingo gram to know the patency of fallopian tubes, After clinical and laboratory evaluation, if any problem is found then that particular problem needs to be addressed. But, if everything is normal then ovulation induction with clomiphene citrate and IUI-intra uterine insemination can be planned according your infertility specialist. Please ask if you have more questions. If you are satisfied, please make sure that your ACCEPT my answer so that I receive credit. Good luck!!