Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
199 Doctors are Online

Had scratched elder son's face. Having pain, infection, pus formation and swelling. Suggest treatment?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 345 Questions
my younger son had scratched elder son's face 5 days back. now my elder son had pain, inflection, swelling and pus formation on the face. He is 8 years old. can you pl suggest medicline and ointment. thanks XXXXX
Posted Fri, 18 Oct 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kruti 12 hours later

Thanks for posting your query.

I can understand your concern.

From the history you have provided, it seems that he has developed bacterial infection of the skin following the scratching.

The treatment that would help is an antibiotic cream. However, if the extent of the infection is severe, he may need oral antibiotics as well.

It's difficult to judge the severity without seeing the lesion. You can apply fucidin cream on it twice a day, but if there is no improvement in two days, then I would recommend that you visit your doctor who can evaluate the infection and prescribe oral antibiotics.

Hope I have answered all your queries.

Please let me know if I can address any other concern for you.

Take care
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor