Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
121 Doctors are Online

Had safe sex. Delayed periods. Worried? Suggest

Apr 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General Surgeon
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 9351 Questions
hi i m 24 yrs i had a safe sex wit my partner & nw i m missing my periods.....actualy my period date is 14 & today is 23rd & i had sex on 8th so nw i am in tension......please give me advice wt to do??????
Posted Wed, 12 Jun 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 34 minutes later
Hi and welcome to XXXXXXX Thank you for your querry.

First, there is no need to panic, you cant change anything now. Considering that you had safe sex and that it was 8-9 days after estimated ovulation, possiblity of pregnancy is low. But, of course, it cant be ruled out for sure especailly if there was condom breakage or late ovulation. Missed periods can be sign of pregnancy but also of many other disorders. The simple way to make all this clear is to do pregnancy test which will now be almost 100% accurate. So, go to pharmacist and ask for urine pregnancy test. After this you can plan everything else. If result is negative you should visit gyn anyway to check the causes of missed period.
WIsh you good luck. If you have any questions I ll be glad to help.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor