Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
142 Doctors are Online
Ask a Dentist   »  

Had root canal treatment. What is the permanent solution for tooth pain?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Dentist, Prosthodontics
Practicing since : 1995
Answered : 77 Questions
Hi, My name is XXXX Age - 31, I have done my root canal treatment on my right side teeth my problem is that whenever I eat any non-veg my teeth starts paining, please provide me permanent solution for that. Contact - 0000, New Delhi
Posted Thu, 28 Nov 2013 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Ramesh B. Hegde 27 minutes later
Brief Answer: Dear XXXXXXX XXXX Detailed Answer: Dear XXXXXXX XXXX, Thank you for the query. It is not clear whether you have permanent restoration or crown[cap] followed by root canal treatment. If the permanent restoration/crown is touching the opposing teeth little earlier than the rest then you are likely to have such problem[which is commonly called as high point]. for that if you go to your dentist he will check and do the selective grinding of the permanent restoration/crown. Other reason would be food may be getting stocked in between the teeth in region and leading to gum problem. This can be minimized by brushing and flossing after food, and if there is any contact problem with the neighboring tooth that may be rectified by dentist. If there is any other problem with the root canal procedure and around the root tip of the said tooth shall be interpreted only with x-ray. I hope this may give you relief and if you have anything to be clarified further you are most well-come. with happy regards and wising you speedy recovery.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dentist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor