Had robotic surgery and full hysterectomy done. Have swelling and mild pain. Underlying cause?

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Tue, 26 Mar 2013 in Women's Health
Question: I am still having discomfort after having a full hysterectomy 7 months ago. I had robotic surgery, a full hysterectomy....now I feel like I have a pulled muscle, I swell sometimes, I feel little pains after sex or taking a bath.....I It seems like I still have wounds that have not healed.
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 53 minutes later
After a hysterectomy, it usually takes 6-8 weeks for all the XXXXXXX wounds to heal. The feeling of swelling and mild pain can be due the scar tissue in your lower abdomen after the surgery since the scar tissue has lesser elasticity.
Mild weight gain after the surgery can also cause these symptoms. Losing a few kilos if you are overweight will help in reducing this feeling. In case the pain is persistent then it is best to get yourself evaluated by your gynecologist and have some investigations like ultrasound abdomen to rule out any pelvic inflammation.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.