Had rhinoplasty. Used nose strip to get rid of pores and whitehead. Will this cause any damage?

Dr. Naveen Kumar

ENT Specialist

Posted on Mon, 31 Dec 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: I just had rhinoplasty/septoplasty 7 days ago and I got the cast taken off today. I used a nose stripe to get rid of my pores when I got home and I also popped the whiteheads with a small needle. My nose doesn't look any different, however will my actions damage my nose in anyway?
Answered by Dr. Naveen Kumar 44 minutes later
Hi

Thanks for posting the query

Post surgical results can be appreciated at least four weeks after the surgery. As of now, with your actions no major problems will happen. But, still I would insist you not to meddle with your nose.

You can try using saline nasal spray inside the nose to keep it patent. While cleaning your nose, just dab it with a clean wet cloth, do not rub over it.

Hope I have answered your query; I will be available for the follow-up queries.

Dr. Naveen Kumar n.
ENT and Head & Neck Surgeon